What Should I Bring to the Escape Room?
Are you looking for an exciting indoor challenge to play with your friends for your next birthday outing, or even just a Saturday night?
Then, why not book a visit at an escape room, for an evening of mystery, intrigue, and plenty of laughter!
In this article, we will discuss the question, what should I bring to the escape room?
What should I bring to the escape room?
So, what should I bring to the escape room?
Well, the experience doesn’t require you to bring anything, other than yourself, the other players on your team, and your enthusiasm and problem-solving skills!
If you haven’t booked your visit beforehand, you will be required to pay for your escape room experience on your arrival.
You won’t be allowed to eat or drink while you are in the escape room, for hygiene and safety purposes. Usually, you will only have one hour to solve your way out of the escape room, so you should use your time wisely.
It is a good idea to bring a bottle of water and snacks with you, which you can consume after you have exited the escape room. This will help replenish your energy levels and rehydrate you, because you have just spent an hour moving around, attempting to crack difficult puzzles, and using your intellectual skills.
If you have brought a bag with you, you may not be allowed to take it with you inside the escape room. There may be lockers provided, where you can store your possessions. The staff will tell your team where you can store your bags and coats, but it is your responsibility to look after any valuables you have with you.
You won’t be allowed to take in any items with you that you can use to help you solve the escape room (such as smartphones, smart watches, iPads, or any other electrical devices.) You also won’t need to bring in any explorer tools such as maps, compasses, pen knives, as any materials you need will be provided for you.
Can I use my phone in an escape room?
Nope! Mobile phones are not allowed in the escape room. You may be asked to store your mobile phone (as well as your coat and bag) in a locker while you are playing your game. But if lockers are not available in the facility, then you may be asked to turn your phone off instead.
It would be pointless to use Google anyway because the puzzles in an escape room have been uniquely and intricately designed to suit a particular theme or storyline. So, you won’t find the answers if you start searching for clues on the web!
What should you not wear to an escape room?
When it comes to what to wear to an escape room, there isn’t really a dress code, or uniform required to participate. Although, if your challenge requires a lot of movement, or navigating through small spaces, you may want to avoid long, flowing clothes that can get caught on something.
Choose loose, breathable clothing that feels comfortable on your skin, especially if it gets hot and stuffy in the escape room/
You should not wear:
- High heels
- Open toed footwear
- Restrictive tight clothing
- Jewellery that can get caught on something or fall off easily
How do I stay safe when visiting an escape room?
- If you or any players on your team feel nervous about potential jump scares, then call ahead and ask the staff about how scary the game will be. They will advise you on any questions and concerns you may have, and they may recommend an alternative challenge at their escape room if need be.
- If you are bringing children under the age of 16 with you, you should supervise them at all times, and accompany them during the game.
- Always wear appropriate footwear. You may be refused entry into the game if you wear high heels, so you should always choose comfortable, sensible shoes.
- You may find it helpful to wear loose, comfortable clothing, as it can get hot inside the escape room. Plus, you may be bending, stretching and crawling, while searching for clues!
- Always take care of your personal belongings- don’t leave them in the waiting room where anybody can reach them. There may not be lockers available to store your possessions, in which case, you should keep them with you.
- Never run around in the escape room, as it may be a dark, enclosed space. Every escape room is designed so that you can find clues while walking around slowly and inspecting the scene.
- Take extra caution if there are sharp objects in the escape room (such as scissors or a letter opener).
- When you do find clues, don’t leave these objects scattered around the escape room, as you and the other players can trip over them and injure yourselves.
- Never force anything in the escape room, which could be dangerous. For instance, don’t try to tear down the wallpaper, or smash into a glass box. The clues will be placed in a safe, accessible way, so you won’t have to use any type of force.
- If you need help, if an emergency arises, or even if you feel uncomfortable, alert the staff right away, and they will let you out of the room and support you.
Why visit Escape Now?
At Escape Now, we are a popular escape room in Birmingham. When you visit us, we promise you an adventurous, immersive experience, which will challenge you to tap into your intellectual and creative skills.
If you are looking to bring your employees for an ice-breaker or team-building exercise, we also offer corporate escape room experiences, which are playable for 10 to 30 players!
Click here to book your visit at Escape Now, for an exciting, unique and mentally challenging experience.
We have different challenges that are guaranteed to get you thinking! Here are three that we currently offer:
- Sherlock´s Secret (Challenge Level: Difficult)
In a city that breathes uncertainty, a gloom lures over 221B Baker St, as Sherlock Holmes has been abducted by the very killer he was chasing. What possibly could have happened?
To find Mr Holmes, we are recruiting only the best detectives in the city to solve the mystery and find Mr Holmes before it is too late. The odds are against you, so can you find Mr Holmes in time?
A serial murderer is on the loose, and Holmes and Watson have been on the case. In typical fashion, however, Holmes was struck with a breakthrough deduction and ran off. Thinking Holmes had simply solved the case and gone back home, Watson followed shortly behind. But when he arrived at 221B, there was no trace of Holmes – only a note left on the desk, written in the same strange code the killer has been leaving at the scenes of the crimes.
Unable to figure out the case himself, Watson recruits a top team of forensic investigators to assemble at 221B Baker St, to solve the case before time runs out and save Sherlock from the sadistic killer.
Ten years ago, Mr Hollowhill vanished without a trace, leaving only his ramshackle house behind. Though his disappearance was suspicious, the case eventually went cold.
Recently, the house was seized by the bank, auctioned and bought at a steal by investors only wishing to sell it off.
Knowing nothing of the house’s troubled history, the renovators believe this to be a simple job, but they don’t know what they are in for. This house holds many more secrets than first thought, and some of them are deadly. Just who was Mr Hollowhill? Where did he go?
Do you dare to enter?
- Cyberwarfare(Challenge level: Medium)
The cyborg world has taken over from humans! Created by humans, the cyborg has gained self-awareness and spread into millions of computer servers across the world!
You have joined the rebel army to take down the cyborgs. The task is to infiltrate the cyborg’s main facility and destroy the system from within. The rebels have found an algorithm which can take down the security system for only 1 hour.
This is your opportunity to take down the cyborgs, otherwise, the human race will cease to exist.
About Escape Now
Escape Now is the newest (and most exciting) escape room in Birmingham! Bring your family, friends, colleagues or fellow gaming enthusiasts to Escape Now, for an unforgettable night of fun, mystery and intrigue.
We have 4 adventure rooms, which we have designed for teams of 2 to 6 players. It will be a race against the clock, as you work together to solve puzzling clues and piece together the story, before the time runs out!
To book your escape room experience, visit our website and select your game, number of players, date and time slot. We look forward to welcoming you!
Our opening hours are as follows:
MON – THU: 10am – 8:30pm
FRI – SUN: 10am – 10pm
We hope we have provided useful information about escape rooms, as well as answered the question ‘what should I bring to the escape room?’
For similar content like this, read more articles on our blog, such as: